Notes from Janet & Jes...
Do you ever wonder what's in the woman's bag next to you on the plane, train or sitting next to you at your favorite bistro? When I'm traveling, especially abroad...I would love to take a peek into what women "go to" from sun-up to sundown. Here are a few things in mine and Jesica's everyday bag along with our weekend getaway bag.
Everyday potions and lotions Jes & I can't live without.
Emi-Jay Hair Ties - I usually put my hair up at least once a day. Emi-Jay ties are either on my wrist or in my bag, and they don't damage your hair. They're also great gift ideas, and for any age. -Purliesse for Flawless Skin -I can't say enough about this BB Cream. Literally, you'll have a flawless finish, it evens out along with protecting your skin. Purlisse makes great non-toxic products - Ilia lip & cheek tint - Because it's just that - a quick touch up for a little brightness. Lune+Aster Poet Lip Gloss for that perfect pink pout - Lune+Aster glosses are not sticky and they have beautiful shades to choose from- Warby Parker reading glasses, Warby Parker has great frames for $95. and they make the process so easy for you. Order online - they send a box of 5 frames you've picked out, keep them for 5 days and choose your favorite pair(s)... return the box with your for prescription and you'll have them in back 10 days and Warby Parker gives back! Kiehl's in coriander (love this scent) I've been using Kiehl's for years, this is still my favorite scent. Browza Eyebrow pencil, my eyebrows are very fair, so I always have it on hand, - Nia Tech Neck roller for your neck...Must have! In traffic, at home, sitting at my desk, I moisturize my neck all day long. Jes...Don't forget about your neck!
On our recent Spring Break trip, everything I needed fit into these two bags. I try and keep it simple when I travel, only go for what I need. Kát Rudu - Cucumber Eye Gel - I use this every morning. Nuxe - For the perfect golden glow. I'll never tire of this scent. Tata Harper Eye Mask - Skinn Hydration Serum - Fantastic Facial Serum Great for on the plane! - Skinn Deep Wrinkle Resurfacing Concentrate - I use this day and night. It brightens your skin instantly. Skinn Eye Cream - Skinn Neck Cream Mask - My favorite neck cream for day & night - Purlisse Sheet Mask - White Tea - These are a must! You'll be left with glowing, moisturized skin, and the scent is so calming. You'll want more that one! Purlisse Cleansing Milk - Travel Size. Elizabeth W. Eye Mask - Take a look at all you have to choose from. Nilotic Shea Butter - Incredible moisturizer. It works for every part of your body, it's a brand that gives back, and it's for the whole family. Beauty Blender Body Sponge for blending lotions & bronzers. If you're looking for a great Mother's Day Gift Idea or really for any occasion, check out Cuyana, I'm a fan of their elegance & simplicity and they give back. Not only do I love traveling with these beautiful bags but I love the mission behind the brand.
Hey there, it's Jes! When it comes to my beauty on-the-go, I keep a pretty close roster of my favorite finds. Below are my can’t live without items that are often my trusty companions for those long days at work or when I need a beauty pick-me up. I tend to be loyal to certain brands, so if it works, chances are that I will use it on repeat until the last drop!
1. Aesop Hand Crème ($28): This is hands down (pun intended) one of my favorite tubes to carry. Its texture is light, and the rose scent smells divine. It contains a beautiful blend of botanicals that leaves my hands feeling soft and rejuvenated. It restores my cuticles, and helps my nails grow healthy. I am constantly using my hands, whether it’s by endless hours typing on the computer, driving or working out, so my goal is to always have them be healthy and hydrated.
2. Blistex Lip Medex ($1.79): Rain or shine, my lips are always chapped. Luckily, this drugstore miracle keeps my pout moisturized and refreshed. Sometimes, I only have to apply it once a day, and it stays put. You really can’t beat this deal – as it truly works wonders on my lips!
3. Tocca Florence Travel Spray ($38): Tocca has been a favorite of mine for years, and Florence is perfect for the warm LA summer days. This floral scent is a combination of bergamot and gardenia that keeps me refreshed all day. Plus, the bottle is adorable and their lotions and candles are also worth a try.
4. Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water ($9): This is the perfect remedy for those sticky humid days! Avène is one of France’s most popular brands, and it’s a top choice for many makeup artists and dermatologists. This is also perfect after long flights, as it helps skin glow and keeps it hydrated.
5. Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen ($36) and Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush ($29): SPF is a must, whether you are 15 or 75! This dual BB cream comes in a variety of shades and applies smoothly without leaving a chunky residue, and it blends evenly. This blush is pretty natural, long-lasting, and also, it doubles as lip gloss. I also love how the color works with my complexion, leaving a dewy and rosy finish with an extra glow. One added bonus -- this is the perfect neck cream, as it's never too early to start protecting against wrinkles.
6. Wet Naturals Evergreen Wood Detangling Brush ($14.99): This brush is light and untangles my hair without leaving it frizzy or sticky. I also keep one in my car, when I am running around and don't have much time to freshen up. Since I began using this brush, I have noticed my hair is healthier and with less breakage.
7. Super by Retrosuperfuture Sunglasses ($179): I pretty much wear sunnies from sunrise to sundown (protection is key), and these wayfarers and timeless and pretty much go with anything. I also own their tortoise shell sunglasses, and they are both super chic!
I recently went on a 12-day trip home to Peru to visit family and friends and packed an array of travel-sized products for the adventure. Since I went to two different climates -- coastal and mountain, I knew I needed plenty of hydrating potions.
Check out my travel companions during hot weather in Lima, mild dry temperatures in the Andes, and extreme humidity in Machu Picchu!
1. Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating treatment ($24) | 2. Caudalie Radiance Moisturizer SPF 20 Complexion Correction for Flawless Skin ($49) 3. Bulgari The Blanc Shampoo & Conditioner Set ($29.99) | 4. La Prairie Eye Cream with SPF 15 ($185) | 5. Pixi by Petra Glow Tonic ($22 for travel set) | 6. Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens ($10) | 7. Chapstick Total Hydration ($4.99 for set)
Whether you're in your 30's 40's or 50's It's fun to share "A few of our favorite things" Jes & I want to know..."What's in your bag"
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone...Audrey Hepburn.